Unregistered Military and Pro Bono Attorneys may gain site access by clicking "Join this Area" at the left. Upon approval, you can use all site resources, including the case management system.
The ABA Military Pro Bono Project accepts case referrals from military attorneys on behalf of junior-enlisted, active-duty military personnel and their families with civil legal problems, and it places these cases with pro bono attorneys where the legal assistance is needed. The Project is also the platform for Operation Stand-By, through which military attorneys may seek attorney-to-attorney guidance.
Military Legal Assistance Attorneys
Military attorneys can register to further help their servicemember clients by:
- Referring Cases for Pro Bono Legal Assistance
- Using Operation Stand-By
Contact civilian attorneys registered with Operation Stand-By with legal questions relating to their geographic areas and substantive areas of expertise for attorney-to-attorney advice, so you can further assist your servicemember clients. Learn more.
Pro Bono Attorneys and Coordinators
The ABA Military Pro Bono Project offers attorneys two ways to help military families:
- Providing Pro Bono Legal Representation to Military Members
Attorneys can register to receive emails from the ABA Military Pro Bono Project with pro bono case opportunities that arise in their geographic and substantive areas. Read about our volunteer attorneys' success stories with helping military families. Learn more.
- Joining Operation Stand-By to Assist Military Attorneys
Attorneys can register to join Operation Stand-By to volunteer time to receive calls or emails from military attorneys in need of attorney-to-attorney advice on state-specific legal information, so they can further assist their servicemember clients. Learn more.
Servicemembers and Families Needing Legal Help
If you are a servicemember, veteran, or military family member in need of legal assistance, visit ABA Home Front where you can use (1) the Directory of Programs to find a state-by-state guide of legal resources available to military families and (2) the Information Center to find information on a variety of legal topics.
No legal representation, advice, or assistance is provided by the Military Pro Bono Project staff. Click here for more information on how to be referred to the Project.
The Project depends upon financial contributions from Project Partners, law firms, corporations, foundations, and private individuals. Become a Star Ranking Supporter for our servicemembers!
- FREE Colorado CLE on Oct. 27: Military Legal Assistance Issues, Oct 27
- FREE Virginia CLE on Oct. 29: Representing Service Members and Veterans, Oct 29
- GGU School of Law - Fourth Annual Veterans Conference - San Francisco, Nov 3
- Advocating for Veterans: The Basics on VA Benefits, Discharge Upgrades and Veteran Cultural Competency 2016 (FREE), Nov 14
- ABA FREE CLE on Nov. 21: Representing Service Members and Veterans, Nov 21
- View more
User Feedback Survey
- Take our user feedback survey