Who receives the ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Services Award?
Annual Awards are reserved for individual lawyers, law firms, and corporate law departments that have provided legal assistance to servicemembers through the Project and have met the criteria in one of the following two categories:
- Individual Attorneys
- Case numbers: Accepted three or more pro bono case referrals originating with the Project in the applicable calendar year; and/or
- Pro bono hours:
- Accepted one or more pro bono case referrals originating from the Project,
- Reported to the Project the closure of one or more Project cases during the applicable calendar year, and
- Reported to the Project that the total pro bono time spent on the closed case(s) is 50 hours or more.
- Law Firms and Corporate Law Departments
- Case numbers: Attorneys within a law firm or corporate law department have accepted five or more pro bono case referrals originating with the Project in the applicable calendar year.
The names of Award recipients are posted on the Project's public website, and will remain posted until the Award recipients of the next calendar year are scheduled to be posted. Before the names are posted, the Award recipients are provided an opportunity to opt-out of the postings.
If you have provided pro bono help for a case from the Project during the last calendar year and the case is still open, please report the case closure and the pro bono hours to the Project when the case is complete, so the Project can determine if you are eligible to be acknowledged on this webpage in the future.